Friday, 20 June 2025

thumbnail

The TV and Me: A Special Connection Through the Years.

 It might sound a little crazy, but if I’m being honest, I’ve had a special relationship with my TV. It’s more than just a screen to watch movies or shows on—it’s been a companion, an escape, a storyteller, and at times, even a teacher.

The TV and I go way back. It’s been with me through thick and thin, growing and evolving right along with me. From Saturday morning cartoons to late-night binge sessions, from family time to solo reflection, my connection with the TV has shaped more of my life than I’d like to admit.

tv shows, television


Let me take you on a trip through the years, where the TV was there, right by my side, making memories, teaching lessons, and sometimes, just keeping me company.


The Early Days: Saturday Morning Cartoons & Family Bonding

Ah, childhood—when the TV was my best friend. I remember rushing downstairs every Saturday morning, grabbing a bowl of cereal, and plopping down in front of the screen. It was like clockwork. My world revolved around those few hours of animated bliss—Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry, and the Flintstones were my crew. The theme songs? Let’s just say, I still know every word. 🎶


Those shows weren’t just about entertainment; they were rituals. They defined my childhood. But beyond that, the TV became something that connected my family. I spent countless evenings watching shows like "The Simpsons" or "Full House" with my siblings and parents, laughing together and sharing moments that felt timeless. It was never just about the content; it was about experiencing it together. The TV was the glue that held us all together in a way nothing else could.


Teen Years: TV as My Time Machine & Escape

As I hit my teenage years, my relationship with the TV shifted. Gone were the Saturday mornings of cartoons (well, sort of), and in came a new phase: TV as escape. Now, it was about stories. Shows like "The OC", "Gilmore Girls", and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" became my emotional lifelines. I wasn’t just watching TV—I was living through it. Those characters felt like friends. They made me feel understood, even when life was a bit confusing.


And let’s not forget the nostalgia. I’d tune in to reruns of "The Twilight Zone" or "X-Files" and get lost in a different era. Watching those shows was like stepping into a time machine, getting a glimpse of a world I wasn’t a part of but could still feel connected to. TV became a reflection of who I was, my worries, my questions, and even my dreams.


Adulthood: Binge-Watching & A New Kind of Connection

Fast forward to adulthood, and my TV relationship matured (don’t worry, not in a creepy way). Now, it’s not about just watching a show here and there; it’s about binge-watching entire seasons. With streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, the entire way I consumed TV changed.


And in some ways, I think it got more interactive. Gone are the days of having to wait a week for a new episode. Now, I can just hit play, dive into an entire season, and come up for air days later (not always healthy, but who’s judging?).


But what really shifted for me was the shared experience. Watching shows like "Stranger Things", "Black Mirror", or "The Crown" didn’t just mean I was glued to a screen—I was part of the conversation. TV wasn’t just something I experienced alone; it became something I could share with friends, family, and even strangers across the globe.


TV as a Teacher: More Than Just Entertainment

As the years went by, I realized something amazing about my TV connection—it wasn’t just about escaping or getting lost in a story. It was about learning. TV has taught me so much. From "Planet Earth", which showed me the fragility of our planet, to "The Newsroom", which sparked my thoughts on media ethics, the TV became my unofficial teacher.


Shows like "The Office" or "Parks and Recreation" made me laugh, but they also taught me about relationships, work dynamics, and what it means to be a decent human being. Even in comedy, there was so much to learn. Who knew a sitcom could give you a masterclass in empathy and leadership, right?


And let’s not forget about the craft. Watching shows like "Breaking Bad" or "Game of Thrones" made me appreciate the art of storytelling in ways I never had before. I found myself admiring the writing, the pacing, the character arcs—TV was no longer just a pastime, it was a study in how to tell stories.


The TV and Me Today: Still Going Strong

So here we are, in 2025, and my relationship with TV is still going strong. Sure, the way I watch TV has changed—I’m streaming more than ever, I’m watching more international shows, and I’m consuming content on my terms. But the core of my connection to that screen remains the same.


TV is still my escape, still my window to other worlds, and still my companion during lonely nights or lazy Sundays. It’s the space where I reflect on my life, laugh, cry, and sometimes, even learn a thing or two about the world and myself. The TV is no longer just something I watch—it's something I experience.


And the best part? That bond continues to evolve. TV is no longer just a box; it’s part of my life, part of my rhythm, part of how I connect with the world. And I’m sure, for years to come, I’ll still be sitting there on the couch, eyes glued to the screen, waiting for the next story to unfold.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Search This Blog

Blog Archive